Chocolate Things/Bombe/Salam de Biscuiti

Monday, July 27, 2015

You guys!!!! I want to introduce you to this "oh so good, I dream about you at night" Romanian dessert. I don't think you can ever go wrong with combining Biscoff cookies, cocoa, walnuts (a Romanian dessert staple), and a bit of instant coffee. This recipe is super simple so give it a try! I promise you will be glad that you did. If not, I will gladly take the whole batch off your hands ;)

 



Ingredients:

3 packs of Biscoff cookies (I bought them at Costco)
walnuts (optional)
8 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 Tb. cocoa powder
1.5 Tb. instant coffee
4 sticks of butter
fine unsweetened shredded coconut


In a large bowl crush the Biscoff cookies by hand or by using the back of a spoon. The cookies should not be completely crushed to powder. Larger cookie bits are a-ok. I personally prefer this dessert with walnuts so I finely chop about 2 cups of walnuts and add them to the crushed cookies.

In a sauce pan, combine eggs, sugar, cocoa, and instant coffee. Whisk constantly over medium heat until mixture thickens (about 10 min). Turn off heat and while the mixture is still hot add butter.

                                                 
 













After the butter melts, pour chocolate mixture over the crushed cookies/walnuts. Mix well. At this time the mixture will be really sticky.


Place in refrigerator to harden for about 2 hours or until the mixture can be rolled into .5 in balls. Roll the balls in coconut.


Store in refrigerator.
Enjoy!
N+I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground