A Not So Essential Island Essential

Monday, July 20, 2015

Let’s say that you are stranded on an island and you can only bring one item with you.  You all know where I’m going with this….what would your one item be? But wait! There’s a catch: it has to be a makeup product. Now I know what you’re all thinking: vanity of all vanities, but just roll with it, mkay? My pick would be mascara. I’m pretty sure that’s the first ever makeup product that I owned. For me, a good mascara is one that is waterproof, gives me volume and length, does not clump or flake, and lasts all day.  I have tried so many throughout the years but my favorites are They’re Real by Benefit and Smoky ExtravagantMascara by Make Up For Ever. 


Here’s a slightly off-topic funny one for you. I once asked a guy the island question because ,you know, that's a pretty great get-to-know-you question. He said that if we were on that island together he would bring a camera to take pictures of me. Then, when he would be out hunting and missing me he would be able to look at the pictures. I guess he was trying to be cutesy, but all that was going through my mind was oh you foolish boy….

For real though whenever I am asked the island question I always say a knife and will never in a million years choose mascara.

                                                                          N + I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground